Employee Discipline: Alabama
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Tamula Yelling, Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete, LLP
- Alabama has a statutory provision prohibiting discrimination against public employees who report violations of Alabama's regulations, rules or laws. See Public Employers.
- Alabama has a statutory provision prohibiting discrimination against employees who are 40 years of age or older. See Discrimination Based on Age.
- Alabama has a statutory provision prohibiting the discharge of employees for filing workers' compensation claims and prohibiting the discharge of employees for serving on any jury. See Retaliation Claims.
- Alabama law protects certain employees' off-duty political activities. See Off-Duty Conduct .
- Alabama has enacted a Parking Lot Storage Law. See Parking Lot Storage Law.
- Alabama law requires that state employees be provided documentation of disciplinary information within ten days of it being placed in the employee's personnel file. See Maintenance of Records.