Child Labor: Oklahoma
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- Oklahoma's child labor law regulates the employment of minors under 16 years of age.
- Oklahoma prohibits employers from employing minors in certain occupations. See Prohibited Occupations.
- Minors may not work unless they meet an educational requirement. See Permitted Occupations.
- Minors' work hours are restricted, depending on whether or not school is in session. See Hours of Work.
- Employers must provide rest breaks to minors. See Break Periods.
- Minors must provide an age and schooling certificate in order to work. See Employment Certificates.