Hours Worked: Illinois
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Stuart R. Buttrick, Susan W. Kline, Stacey Smiricky and Lindsey M. Hogan, Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Employers must provide certain employees meal breaks and breastfeeding breaks. See Break Periods.
- Time spent on-call away from an employer's premise is compensable when the time is spent predominantly for the benefit of the employer, rather than for the employee. See On-Call Time.
- Travel performed for the employer's benefit is compensable. See Travel Time.
- Under the One Day Rest in Seven Act, most employees must be allowed at least 24 consecutive hours of rest in every calendar week. See Day of Rest.
- Localities including Chicago have requirements pertaining to hours worked. See Local Requirements.