Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Kathleen Furey McDonough and Michael B. Rush, Potter Anderson & Corroon LLP
- Delaware recognizes a claim for sexual harassment under its employment discrimination statute. See Prohibition Against Sexual Harassment.
- Delaware has notice requirement with regard to harassment law. See Notice Requirements.
- Covered Delaware employers must provided sexual harassment training. See Training Requirements.
- An employee pursuing a sexual harassment claim must comply with certain administrative requirements regarding the Department of Labor before bringing a judicial action. See Remedies and Administrative Process.
- An employer may be liable for back pay, other statutory damages, and equitable relief. See Remedies and Administrative Process.