Health Care Benefits: New Mexico
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Patricia A. Morley, Research and Writing Associates, LLC
- New Mexico chose to establish a state-based Marketplace under the Affordable Care Act. See Health Insurance Marketplaces Under the ACA.
- New Mexico has taken steps to preserve certain benefits made available under the Affordable Care Act. See Preserving ACA Benefits.
- Same-sex marriage is legal nationwide. See Same-Sex Partner Benefits.
- Group health plans in New Mexico must include coverage for certain maternity and dependent benefits. See Maternity and Dependent Coverage; Coverage for Children and Dependents.
- Health plans must provide, or offer, coverage for certain other illnesses, diseases and services. See Contraceptive Services; Mental Health and Substance Abuse Coverage; Tobacco Cessation; Autism Coverage; Coverage for Diabetes.
- Group health plans must cover certain cancer screenings and treatments. See Colorectal, Occult Breast and Cervical Cancer Screenings; Mastectomy and Minimum Hospital Stays; Clinical Trials for Cancer; Orally Administered Anti-Cancer Medications.
- Group health plans must provide coverage for specified providers and offer home health care services. See Specified Providers; Home Health Care.