Unemployment Insurance: Nevada
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Dora V. Lane, Holland & Hart LLP
- Most employers are subject to the Unemployment Compensation Law. See Employer Coverage.
- Claimants must meet certain requirements in order to be eligible for unemployment benefits. See Employee Eligibility.
- Under certain circumstances, workers may not qualify for unemployment benefits. See Disqualification From Benefits.
- Unemployment benefits will generally last for up to 26 weeks. See Benefits.
- An employer must respond within a certain time frame to a notice that an employee has filed a benefits claim. See Filing Claims.
- Employers must follow certain notice, posting and recordkeeping requirements. See Notice and Posting Requirements; Recordkeeping Requirements.