Employee Health: Oklahoma
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Daniel Press and Alan L. Rupe, Kutak Rock LLP
- Oklahoma law defines several different types of injuries or illnesses as compensable. See Compensable Injuries.
- The Oklahoma Department of Labor has the right to inspect, without notification, public places of employment for compliance with health and safety laws. See Environmental Health Concerns.
- Oklahoma prohibits smoking in a public place or in an indoor workplace. See Smoking in the Workplace.
- Oklahoma permits the use of medical marijuana by registered users. See Medical Marijuana.
- Beneficiaries of employees who died while on the job may be entitled to compensation. See Managing an At-Work Fatality.
- Localities including Ada and Shawnee have requirements pertaining to smoking in the workplace. See Local Requirements.