Employee Communications: Connecticut
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Amanda R. Gregurich
- Connecticut law requires certain postings in the workplace. See Communications in Postings Required by Connecticut Law.
- Connecticut is an employment at will state. See Employment at Will.
- Connecticut laws contain protections for whistleblowers. See Whistleblower Protections.
- Connecticut law generally disallows noncompete agreements in certain occupations. See Noncompete Agreements.
- Connecticut has enacted the Uniform Trade Secrets Act. See Trade Secrets.
- Connecticut law prohibits all drivers from using handheld mobile devices, e.g., phones, while driving. See Restrictions on Employee Use of Mobile Devices.
- Connecticut law prohibits the blacklisting of any employees. See Job References and Blacklisting.