Disabilities (ADA): Louisiana
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Michelle Barrett Falconer, Littler
- In addition to the federal equal opportunity laws, covered Louisiana employers must comply with a number of state and local antidiscrimination statutes, including the Louisiana Employment Discrimination Law. See Disability Discrimination in Louisiana; Louisiana Employment Discrimination Law.
- Louisiana law prohibits discrimination against individuals who are disabled and individuals with sickle cell traits. See Louisiana Employment Discrimination Law; Sickle Cell Trait.
- Louisiana law specifically prohibits discrimination against individuals because of genetic traits. See Genetic Testing.
- Louisiana permits the use of medical marijuana. See Medical Marijuana.
- New Orleans has requirements pertaining to disability discrimination. See Local Requirements.