Interviewing and Selecting Job Candidates: Louisiana
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Elizabeth A. Roussel, Adams and Reese LLP
- Louisiana law prohibits employers from making recruiting and hiring decisions or asking interview questions based on certain protected characteristics. See Refusal to Hire Based on Protected Characteristics.
- Louisiana law allows employers to consider bona fide occupational qualifications in making hiring decisions. See Bona Fide Occupational Qualifications.
- Louisiana employers may select candidates for employment based on an approved affirmative action plan. See Affirmative Action.
- State law prohibits employers from requesting or seeking access to a job applicant's personal social media accounts. See Social Media Privacy.
- New Orleans has local requirements pertaining to interviewing and selecting job candidates. See Local Requirements.