Minimum Wage: Colorado
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Tareen Zafrullah, Stuart R. Buttrick, Susan W. Kline and Mary L. Will, Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Colorado's minimum wage is $14.42 per hour. See Minimum Wage.
- Employers may make deductions from employees' wages only for certain reasons. See Deductions Above the Minimum Wage.
- Employers may apply employees' tips and the cost of meals and lodging toward the minimum wage. See Tip Credit and Credit for Board and Lodging.
- Certain employers may pay minors less than the minimum wage. See Subminimum Wages.
- Boulder County, Denver and Edgewater have requirements pertaining to the minimum wage. See Local Requirements.