Employee Health: Illinois
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Stuart R. Buttrick, Susan W. Kline, Stacey Smiricky and Lindsey M. Hogan, Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Employees exposed to toxic chemicals have particular rights. See Toxic Chemicals.
- Employees whose positions require them to enter into an underground sewer must receive certain information. See Underground Sewers.
- Illinois allows the use of medical and recreational marijuana See Marijuana.
- Employers must abide by Illinois smoking laws. See Smoking in the Workplace.
- Chicago has requirements pertaining to smoking. See Local Requirements.