Other Leaves: Alaska
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Gloria Ju
- There are various types of leave that may be available to an employee in Alaska.See Leaves of Absence.
- Alaska does not have a state family and medical leave law applicable to private employers. See Family and Medical Leave.
- An employer may not penalize a crime victim who must take leave to testify in a court proceeding. See Crime Victim Leave.
- While Alaska does not have a domestic violence leave law, a victim of domestic violence may qualify for leave under a federal law. See Domestic Violence Leave.
- An employee may not be fired or penalized for absences related to jury duty. See Jury Duty Leave.
- An employer must provide time off to vote if an employee does not have two consecutive hours outside of work hours in which to vote. See Voting Leave.
- An employer must provide a leave of absence in order for an employee to perform military service. See Military Leave.