Active Shooters in the Workplace: New How To, FAQs Added
Author: Melissa Gonzalez Boyce, XpertHR Legal Editor
In light of recent active shooter events, an employer should understand prudent measures it can take to keep employees and facilities protected. In order to assist employers in preparing for such an unpredictable and devastating incident, XpertHR has added How to Prepare for an Active Shooter in the Workplace. This How To details certain steps an employer should take to increase awareness of and improve the chances of preventing an active shooter event in the workplace.
In addition, the following FAQs have been added:
- What is an active shooter situation?
- What are behavioral indicators of a potential active shooter?
- Are there good practices for coping with an active shooter situation in the workplace?
- What are some key aspects of an active shooter drill?
- How should an employee be trained to respond in an active shooter situation?
- What information should an individual provide when calling law enforcement during or after an active shooter event in the workplace?
- How should an individual respond when law enforcement arrives after an active shooter situation?
- What should an employer include in a crisis kit?