New Hire Paperwork: New York
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: XpertHR Editorial Team
- New York's Wage Theft Prevention Act requires employers to provide notice of pay to new hires. See Wage Theft Prevention Act Notice.
- New York employers must provide notice to new hires of the employer's sexual harassment prevention policy and training. See Sexual Harassment Prevention Policy and Training Notice.
- New York employers should provide each new employee with a New York State Form IT-2104, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate, as well as a federal Form W-4. See Employee Withholding Forms.
- Employers in certain industries must obtain statements from new hires. See Employee Statements.
- Localities including New York City and Westchester County have requirements pertaining to new hire notices. See Local Requirements.