New Hire Paperwork: Arizona
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Paige A. Martin, Franci G. Fealk and Daniel Press, Kutak Rock LLP
- Arizona employers must obtain a Arizona Employee's Withholding Election, Form A-4, and a federal Form W-4 from each new Arizona employee. See Employee Withholding Form.
- Arizona's minimum wage law requires notice to new hires. See Minimum Wage Notice.
- If an employer hires or assigns an employee to a position that customarily and regularly receives tips it must provide written notice to the employee before starting a tip credit. See Tip Credit Notice.
- Arizona employers must provide new hires with notice regarding travel reduction measures. See Travel Reduction Notice.
- New hires must be provided with notice of the right to paid sick time. See Paid Sick Time Notice.
- Flagstaff has requirements pertaining to new hire paperwork. See Local Requirements.