New 50-State Chart on Child Support Withholding Requirements Now Available
Author: XpertHR Editorial Team
XpertHR now includes a 50-State Chart on Child Support Withholding Requirements by State. This valuable resource summarizes federal and state requirements regarding:
- When an employer must begin withholding after receiving a child support order;
- The maximum amount that may be withheld, including any permitted employer administrative fees;
- When an employer must remit the amount withheld to the State Disbursement Unit;
- The priority order in which to satisfy multiple orders simultaneously in effect; and
- How quickly an employer must send notice of an employee's separation from employment.
Be sure to visit our Coming Soon page to stay informed about more state-specific tools and other resources to come from XpertHR.