Sexual Harassment Prevention Training Now Available for New York, New York City
Author: XpertHR Editorial Team
New York employers must comply with sexual harassment prevention training requirements for supervisors and employees at the state and possibly at the local level. Specifically, New York City has enacted sexual harassment prevention training requirements as of April 1, 2019.
To help employers meet these compliance requirements, XpertHR has added four new resources to its Supervisor Training Tool:
- New York Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for Supervisors;
- New York Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for Employees;
- New York City Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for Employees; and
- New York City Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for Supervisors.
In addition, XpertHR offers a Certificate of Training to assist with recordkeeping requirements.
An employer can seek additional guidance with respect to particular compliance obligations in other XpertHR resources, including the Training and Development: New York and EEO - Harassment: New York sections of the Employment Law Manual.
Employers can also consult the Sexual Harassment Training by State 50-State Chart, the Train an Employee Task and the Sexual Harassment - Supervisor Briefing.
Additional related New York-specific resources include:
- New York Sexual Harassment Prevention Compliance Checklist;
- New York Harassment Prevention Compliance Timeline;
- New York Sexual Harassment Prevention Training Requirements;
- New York Model Sexual Harassment Prevention Training;
- New York Model Sexual Harassment Complaint Form;
- New York City Stop Sexual Harassment Act Fact Sheet; and
- New York City Stop Sexual Harassment Act Poster.
When crafting New York-specific handbook statements and policies, please refer to:
- Sexual Harassment Handbook Statement: New York City, New York;
- Sexual Harassment Complaint Form Handbook Statement: New York; and
- New York Model Sexual Harassment Policy.